Although the theme sets the general tone of the conference, it doesn’t preclude session topics that might be considered “off theme.” The goal of the theme is to stimulate ideas, not to prevent discussion.
Unleashing Open Source
Open source might be the most valuable thing we’ve done with programming. But in many ways, it’s being held back. What can we do to improve the open-source landscape?
- What new models can we discover to fund open-source development?
- Starting projects: can we apply some of the lessons learned in the startup world to get projects started and move them forward faster?
- Should we find ways to build teams, rather than relying on the lone-programmer approach?
- How to incorporate open source software into your enterprise cost-effectively and still give back.
- Open standards as a competitive advantage.
- Web compatibility and 3rd party application interoperability.
- How everyone can benefit from open sourcing enterprise software.
- Plus anything else anyone wants to talk about, of course.
- And our business track.