Notes for Opening Session
Open Spaces: creating discussion
- Post-its, merging similar sessions, moving sessions around
- Law of two feet
- Law of two ears and one mouth
- Invert your participation mode
- It’s OK to try any experiment via post it. Like Julie’s request for help on python.
- Different color post it for nontechnical talks
Altitude: See the “Health” page. Hyperbaric chamber, urgent care clinic
Use Slack for everything
- You can almost always do things with other people if you want
Code of conduct, contact persons
Coworking space, wear your badge
- No Tuesday signups until Tuesday morning, new folks have priority
- We assume it’s OK to record lightning talks for Youtube unless you say otherwise
- Potential lightning talks thursday after progressive dinner, before Karaoke
- Tuesday after lightning talks: form groups and decide where to meet
Dinner: My house is available for group dinners; I’ll often do that.
Lunch: we recommend Momo’s, Teocalli Tamale for good and fast
Game nights: announce if a game might be offensive, law of two feet.
Kotlin Workshops @my house; see schedule page
Progressive Dinner and Karaoke
- Pronouns and whether photos are ok
- Group picture on day one?
- Butterflies and bumblebees, if you’re thinking it’ll be over soon
- Private feedback, public reflection
- Would you be interested in some difficult feedback?
- Explicit permission to take care of yourself. Law of two feet writ large.
- Eyes forward conference presentation is about the happy path. We talk about problems and challenges
- Badge hanger so people don’t worry about forgetting badges